- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Creating asset custom fields
You can add multiple custom fields to JIRA Service Desk customer portal and JIRA issue create/view/edit screens. Each custom field may contain different form assets.
For more information on adding custom fields, please see official Atlassian documentation.
To create a custom field in JIRA please follow these steps:
- Go to Jira Administration > Issues.
- Select Custom Fields from the menu in the Fields section.
- Click Add custom field.
- Click All in the left panel at Select Field Type popup.
- Select AIP Assets And Inventory Plugin Custom Field
- Click Next.
Configure the selection criteria for the field.
Enter Name for this custom field. For example Computer Assets.
- Enter a Description if you want to show it under the custom field in Create/Edit/View screens.
Select the checkboxes of the screens on which this custom field will be displayed.
Configuring Custom field Content
Custom fields, by default display all the assets of the system. You can limit the forms in Assets configuration page:
1. Open custom field configuration
Go to Assets > Settings > Custom Fields Configuration
3. Custom field options
You can filter your custom field by Asset Types or Filter or Reporter's Assets.
3.1. All Assets
If you want to show all assets (default), select Asset Types and leave it empty
3.2. Asset Types
If you want to show assets by asset types, click Asset Types and select asset types.
If you want to show assets by a filter, click Filter and select a filter. For Custom Field filters, it can only select from System Filters.
3.4: Reporter's Assets
You can filter asset custom contents with Reporter's' Assets
4. Multiple or Single select
Select "Multiple" to have custom field multiple assets select
5. JSD options:
Choose or not more configuration options:
- "Show search assets button at Jira Service Desk"
- "Show selected assets button at Jira Service Desk"
6. Save configuration
Now the custom field will all assets or the assets of the selected asset types or filter or reporter's assets. You can test it at Issue screens.
|Table of Contents|