Displays valuable metrics such as resolutions count, original estimation, time duration, reopenings, and linked issues per user. There are numerous metrics that you can get from Jira as well as JEP. This gadget is a good starting point to see user details (how many issues were resolved by a user, the number of caused bugs, the amount of time that it takes to resolve tickets, any breach against the original estimate field, etc).
To add and configure the User Performance Gadget to your favorite dashboard
- Click on the Add Gadget button within the dashboard.
- Type performance into the search box and click on Add gadget near the JEP - User Performance Gadget.
- Configure the gadget and then click on the Save button.
- Select your favorite project or filter.
- You can give the custom gadget a title that you will see on your dashboard.
- Days previously is for filtering issues by creation date relative to today's date.
- Select a time interval in either hours or minutes.
- The Resolved User Field should already be defined and selected here in order to see user statistics (see First / Last "Resolution" Status User Custom Field to define this user field).
- The Time Between Field should also already be defined and selected here, in order to see the overall and average time passed between selected events (see Time Between Custom Field).
- The Linked Issues Field should also already be defined and selected here, in order to see the sum of linked issues (see Linked Issue Field).
- The Reopening Counter Field should also already be defined and selected here, in order to see the sum of reopenings for resolved issues (see "Reopened" Status Counter Custom Field).
- Enable the show raised issues counts and type JQL in order for this to be counted for the user (e.g. to calculate how many issues have been reported by this user. Reporter = user is automatically added).
- If you want to automatically refresh the gadget results, select the appropriate Refresh Interval.
- Here is a preview of the gadget: