You can create a Comment Status Custom Field to display the status that the issue was commented on first or last. This field is a searchable and calculated (read-only) custom field.
To create a Commented Status Custom Field
- Navigate to Jira Admin > Manage Apps > Enhancer Plugin For Jira Menu > Custom Fields (JEP).
- Click on the button.
- Click on the Status tab on the left-hand side of the dialogue.
- Select Commented Status, then click Add custom field.
- Fill in the dialog box:
- Create a name for the custom field.
- Select first or last comment to determine whether the custom field will consider the first or last comment.
- Select all comments, otherwise only public comments will be counted.
- And click Save custom field. That's it.
This custom field can be used to sort or search in issue navigator.