This page is about the Enhancer Plugin for Jira Server. Using Jira Cloud? Then please click on the Cloud button above.
Jira does not have any comment fields which can be added to the issue navigator. However, seeing the last comment in the issue navigator is one of the most wanted features from Atlassian users.
Luckily, the Enhancer Plugin has a Comment Custom Field which you can easily define and configure. As well as allowing you to view the last comment in the issue navigator, the Comment Custom Field can also be configured to show the first comment, the user who made the comment, and what time the comment was made.
To create a Comment Custom Field
- Navigate to Jira Admin > Add-ons > Enhancer Plugin Menu > Custom Field Configuration and go to the Comment tab.
- Click on the button.
- Fill in the dialog box.
- Name: Create a name for the custom field (this will be displayed in screens and you will use it within JQL).
- First/Last: Should this custom field display the first or last comment?
- Max Length: You may want to limit the comment length.
- Only public comments: You may want to display only public comments and not private ones.
- Show user: Adds the commented user's display name to the comment field.
- Show timestamp: Adds the comment date info to the comment field.
- Renderer type: If you do not want to see formatted text, you can change this here.
- Click on the Add Custom Field button.
- You can define as many comment fields as you want.