Snapbytes apps contain detailed logs that help us to identify and locate any problems you may encounter while using our products. In Jira, detailed logging is disabled for add-ons by default. This article describes how to enable detailed logging for Snapbytes products.
On this page you will learn how to enable detailed logging.
1. Log into Jira as an Administrator.
2. Click to open the Jira Administration menu.
3. Go to System.
4. The Jira Administration page will appear.
5. Click Logging and Profiling in the menu on the left-hand side.
6. Find the Default Loggers headline and click Configure Logging Level for Another Package.
7. The Configure logging level for another package screen will pop-up.
com.tuncaysenturk.jira as the Package Name.
9. Set Logging Level as DEBUG.
10. Click Add.
11. Logs will be written in <JIRA HOME>/log/atlassian-jira.log.
|Remember that any changes you made in logging levels will be cleared when you restart the server.|
|To get better assistance, first enable logging for the add-on, then reproduce the problem and share the related interval of resulting logs with us.|
Make sure that you change the log level from DEBUG to INFO or WARN after sharing the results. Otherwise, it may result in MBs/GBs of log files in a while.