Time Between custom field calculates time passed between two statuses/events. It can be configured to work against a specific working calendar as well as excluding paused statuses.
This field displays total working duration and details.
To create or update Time Between custom field
- Navigate to JIRA Admin > Add-ons > Enhancer Plugin Menu > Custom Field Configuration and switch to Time tab.
- Click on Add new Time Between custom field link button.
- Fill the dialog
- Give a Name to your custom field
Select the origin and target events, they can be any status, event (e.g. 'Resolution', 'Reopening') or date/time custom fields.
- Calendar can be selected. Working calendars can be defined in JIRA Admin > Add-ons > Enhancer Plugin Menu > Working Calendars menu item.
Occurrence can be set to display First or Last occurrence, or aggregated result with Cumulative option, or event the Largest span (from the very beginning of origin status till the latest target status)
This option is disabled when at least one of the origin or target events is selected as Date Custom Field, since Date Custom Field provides only one date which means there can only be one occurence.
Enable Latest Origin checkbox if you want to calculate duration from latest origin status. For instance, assume you have a workflow of Open - In progress - Resolved - Closed, and you want to calculate working duration from Open to Resolved.
If the issue's status has been set to Open - In progress - Open - In progress - Resolved (by this order) and you want to calculate time from the latest Open, you should enable Latest Origin flag. Otherwise it will calculate from the first Open status in issue history.
When origin event is selected to be Date Custom Field, latest origin changes to Latest Target. If the issue's status has been set to Open - In progress - Resolved - Open - In progress - Resolved - Closed (by this order) and you want to calculate time to the latest Resolved, you should enable Latest Target flag. Otherwise it will calculate to the first Resolved status in issue history.
- Time formatter display options (both for issue main view and navigator view) can be configured easily as below.
- And click Add Custom Field button. That's it.
Getting Time Between Value via Rest Service
GET Time Between custom field details per issue.
where customfield_xyz is the customfield Id and ABC-123 is the issue key.