You can create a status exit user custom field to hold the owner of the transition which changes issue's status from one of the specified statuses. This field is calculated (read-only) custom field.
To create a custom user field
- Navigate to JIRA Admin > Add-ons > Enhancer Plugin Menu > Custom Field Configuration and switch to User tab.
- Click on Add new User custom field link button and select Status Exit User
- Fill the dialog accordingly
- Give a name to the custom field
- Select Status to calculate user who changed issue's status from this status. You can select multiple statuses.
- Specify First of Last as the issue can re-visit this status (e.g. Open - In Progress - Resolved - Open - In Progress)
- And click Add Custom Field button. That's it.
This custom field can be used to sort or search in issue navigator.