You can create a generic counter custom field to display how many times the issue has been transitioned to the specified status. This field is calculated (read-only) custom field.
To create a custom counter field
- Navigate to JIRA Admin > Add-ons > Enhancer Plugin Menu > Custom Field Configuration and switch to Counter tab.
- Click on button.
- Fill the dialog
- Pick JEP - Status Counter custom field in custom field drop down.
- Give a name to the custom field
- Status field automatically changes to On Standby. You can change it accordingly. After 5.36.0 version, you can select multiple statuses.
- And click Add Custom Field button. That's it.
This custom field can be used to sort or search in issue navigator.