Response Time custom fields calculates the 'response' or 'no response' time.
Response Time field calculates the time passed till the first public comment, where No Response Time field calculates 'no response time' and displays data for issues which still do not have any respond yet.
To define Response Time custom fields, simply
- Navigate to JEP Menu > Custom Field Configurations page and switch to Duration fields tab
- Click on Add new Response Time or Add new No Response Time link.
- Fill the dialog as below
- Name the field
- If Only public comments is enabled, it will calculate till the first public comment which can be seen by all users (not restricted to the users or groups).
- If Except reporter is enabled, it will omit the comments from the reporter, otherwise the response time will be calculated from the creation date till the first comment (no matter who commented)
- You can select any working calendar in order to calculate against working hours.
- Both, Response and No Response Time custom fields have similar configuration dialog.
Below is a sample snapshot of Response Time custom field.
Below is a sample snapshot of No Response Time custom field.
Searching against these fields is simple. Use the custom fields in JQL as below
You can configure response custom fields by simply clicking on Configure context link in cog icon
Then click on Edit Response time configuration link
You can easily configure (calendar, issue main and navigator view time formatter) the custom field according to the context