JIRA does not have any comment field which can be added to issue navigator. However seeing last comment in issue navigator is one of the most wanted features from Atlassian.
Luckily, Enhancer Plugin has Comment custom field. You can easily define and configure this field.
To create a Comment custom field
- Navigate to JIRA Admin > Add-ons > Enhancer Plugin Menu > Custom Field Configuration and switch to Comment tab.
- Click on button
- Fill the dialog
- Name: The name of the custom field (This name will be displayed in screens and you will use this within JQL)
- First/Last: Should this custom field display first or last comment?
- Max Length: For some reason you may want to trim comment length.
- Only public comments: You may want to display only public comments, not the private ones.
- Show user: Adds commented user's display name to comment field
- Show timestamp: Adds the comment date info to the comment field
- Renderer type: If you do not want to see formatted text, you can change it here
- Click Add Custom Field button
- You can define as many comment fields as you want.