After upgrade JIRA and AIP (especially Assets and Inventory Plugin 1.10.5 to 2.x version), AIP does not display any inventories.
activeobjects generates different table names for different versions of AIP which causes problem. Actually, there is no data loss, but the table name change.
A customer's issue
"I upgrade JIRA to JIRA Software 7.0 and your plugin Inventory to 2.4.8. After that i can't see any data from web interface. In mysql DB they are. What i can do ?"
activeobjects to support database operations. And each add-on may have their own tables starting with some unique prefixes. For Assets and Inventory Plugin, it is supposed to be AO_23ADAF_.
In some clients, also tables with AO_C5D949_ or AO_CA2219_ prefixes may exist. We raised an issue to Atlassian for this problem.
There should be a couple AIP tables with different starting names.
The solution is to change all AO_C5D949_JIP or AO_CA2219_JIP starting tables with AO_23ADAF_JIP.
Here are steps to fix the problem:
Please make sure that you have backed up database before doing this operation.
- There should be tables start with AO_23ADAF_JIP which is right
- There should also be some tables start with AO_C5D949_JIP or AO_CA2219_JIP which is wrong, but these tables have rows in them.
- Please make sure that AO_CA2219_JIP_ or AO_C5D949_JIP tables have rows in them, and AO_23ADAF_JIP_ tables are empty.
- Drop all AO_23ADAF_JIP_ tables
- Rename AO_CA2219_JIP_ or AO_C5D949_JIP tables to AO_23ADAF_JIP_