To configure Assets and Inventory Plugin, log in to JIRA with admin privileges, and use AIP Menu > Configuration menu item. Under this page you can set permissions and other items.
Permissions have 3 options to set:
- All logged in users: Any JIRA user will have the permission.
- Users with admin role: Any JIRA admin user will have the permission.
- Users in defined group: Any user in the given group name will have the permission. It is a good practice to manage permissions with a group instead of individual user access.
Below, you can find the permissions to set:
- Access for menu permission: Assets and Inventory Plugin Menu will be visible to the selected option
- View Assets Report permission: Assets Report (read only) will be accessable for the selected option
- Manage Attributes permission: Attribute functions including view, add, delete or update will be given to selected option
- Manage Assets permission: Assets functions including view, add, delete or update will be given to selected option
- Import and export permission: Import and Export functions will be given to selected option. Import Scheme is a destructive operation, consider giving this permission to JIRA or Asset administrator.
Other Configuration Items
Unique behaviour for Asset Names:
You can choose one of the options below. It is a good practice to choose "Do Not Allow" to track the Assets easier.
- Allow same asset names
- Allow only for differen forms
- Do Not Allow
You can set how you would like to see inventory field in issue navigator and excel: "Only Asset Names" or "Detailed With Attributes"
Custom Field Configuration
Please see Create and configure asset custom fields page.