The Asset Navigator lets you search for and manage assets in JIRA. Create, Edit, Link, Clone, Delete assets, printing single or multiple QR + labels, Check-in or Check-out, and bulk operations are supported. Asset Navigator is available on the "Assets" top menu "Asset Navigator" link.
Asset Navigator Display Modes
It has 3 modes:
- Detail view: Assets for multiple asset types are displayed, show one asset's all attributes and additionally shows attachments and linked issues
- List view: Assets for single asset type are displayed in table list view (like excel). List all attributes of the asset type but attachments and linked issues are not displayed on the list - asset needs to be displayed separately.
- Advanced Search: Search with Lucene queries. It is not easy to write but it is very powerful to query assets.
Users need "Browse Assets" asset permission to see assets on the Asset Navigator.
Asset Navigator - Detail view mode
It is for asset navigation and management. Detail view works for multiple asset types. And printing single or multiple QR + labels are supported.
It has navigation links to list related Asset Scheme or Asset Type assets, and each asset has asset type management direct links.
Please click on image to enlarge
Asset Navigator - List view mode
List view works for single asset type. It supports Excel style column and row freeze for better navigation.
Asset Navigator - Advanced view mode
Advanced mode lets you write "Lucene Query Language" LQL searches for advanced filtering with OR statements.
Search with Asset Navigator
Asset Navigator has multiple options to search for assets.
Fields for filtering:
- Asset Type: Select Asset Types or asset type schemes (a group of asset types) for filtering
- Asset Name: Write asset name for filtering
- Any field: Write a text for filtering for any field including attachment names.
- More fields: Add system fields or attributes for filtering.
For quick and easy searching use Any Field option.
Search for Wildcard Text Searches
Please see Wildcard Text Searches for more details.
Example asset name searching:
Not includes search
You can make a "Not" search on system fields and attributes.
Is empty search
Is empty search, brings assets that have no value for the selected system field or attribute.
Note: If you combine Not includes and Is empty, it makes Not Empty search.
Asset Navigator - System Fields or Attribute filter options
Asset navigator lets you filter assets by system filters or any type of attribute.
|Previous asset||Alt + j or Option + j|
|Next asset||Alt + k or Option + k|
|Previous page||Alt + g or Option + g|
|Next page||Alt + h or Option + h|
Create and Edit asset
|Open asset create page||Alt + a or Option + a|
|Open asset edit page||Alt + u or Option + u|
|Submit form||Alt + s or Option + s|
Multiple files can be uploaded to an asset. Image attachments are displayed in image gallery.